Minerva McGonagall sat down while she heaved a deep sigh; of relief, woe or exhaustion, she couldn’t exactly choose which. The day had been long and full of anticipation. Arrangements had to be made, lists had to be revised, passwords had to be devised and the Sorting Hat had to be dusted. Being one of the house heads wasn’t easy and McGonagall was just starting to realize how stupendously eventful or horribly disturbing the year might turn out to be, depending on the activities of a single boy – A boy new to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.
He clothed his motives in the names of virtue, and I have wondered whether he ever knew that, no gift will ever buy back a man’s love when you have removed his self-love.
~John Steinbeck, East Of Eden
I was nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by the amazing and awesomest Noopur a while ago. So, before I proceed with the tradition, I would like to shower Noopur with lots of thanks, hugs and kisses because this is a big deal, yes? Or even if it isn’t, don’t burst my bubble, please. I like it in here, thank you very much. :33
Now, the proceedings:
1. Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
2. Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
3. Share five random facts about yourself.
Five random facts about me (after a long while of 3am thinking):
- My favourite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand followed closely by a million others including Pride and Prejudice, Gone with the Wind, Harry Potter, Fangirl, Eleanor and Park and so so so many more.
- I’m very indecisive. I cannot differ from what is right and wrong. I cannot make a decision to save my life and what’s the worst part is that I want to become a surgeon. Every single time I imagine myself in the Operation Room, I laugh at myself.
- I’m not passionate but I am ambitious. That is a very deadly combination, I guess. It’s like, you don’t like a thing for a very long time but in that short period, while you like it, you need to get perfect at it. It’s a grueling feeling.
- I have a dog whose name is Leo. He’s an American spits and the cutest thing on Earth!
- My favourite music genres are indie pop and alternative rock.
The people I nominate for the Creative Blogger Award are:
Have fun guys! ^_^
They don’t take birth or bathe
Yet they are immortal and pure.
They won’t fit in your palm
And like water, they’ll flow
Out from between your fingers
Back into their initial form
But you’ll remember
How silky they felt
Against your skin, caressing
The hard calloused hands.
Lie they don’t for rest
Yet they could rival sloths
In movement, never in grace
and yet these books
are not hindrances.
NaPoWriMo April 2015 Day 1 prompt: Today’s prompt is a poem of negation. I challenge you to write a poem that involves describing something in terms of what it is not, or not like. For example, if you chose a whale as the topic of your poem, you might have lines like “It does not settle down in trees at night, cooing/Nor will it fit in your hand.”
The topic I’ve chose is clearly (I hope) : ‘Books’ because I love books! Yay. I hope it abides to the guidelines because this is the first time I’ve written such a poem. If it doesn’t, then please let me know in the comments! Thanks!