You must be thinking what in the world happened to me. Continue reading 1st August, 2017
Today, it begins.
We all have flaws but only some have the courage to acknowledge them. From this day, I don’t want to run from them. I want to embrace them and call them my own. I don’t want them to be my weaknesses, I want them to be my guide which helps make me a better person – I want to unearth them to show the perfection hungry world how imperfect I am and how perfectly happy I am with it. I am loud, I am ugly, I am not the most intelligent, I am not good at articulating words, I am rude, I am not good as others and I will never be good enough. There are 7 billion of us inhabiting this beautiful planet. There are billions who are probably better than I am in ways I can’t possibly imagine. There will always be someone who is prettier, smarter, funnier, nicer but it doesn’t matter. None of it matters, and that is what I want to acknowledge today. None of it matters when I am trying to be the best I can. None of it matters because my flaws are either inherited or learnt and the fact that I am trying to get rid of them makes me a better person.
Therefore, today, digging begins. I will dig out all my flaws, line them up and do them a makeover. Now, it might take me a lot of time to do that because I know I’ll get lazy at some point of time or I’ll get irritated or I’ll give up or I’ll die. I don’t know. But what I do know is that I’ll try and do what is right. I won’t let people blackmail me into changing into a puppet.
I will stop caring what people think because, believe it or not, I am not trying to become a better person so that people start liking me – nuhuh – I am trying to become a better person because I want to. I want to start loving because there isn’t enough love in the world and maybe because I don’t want to be one of them who spreads negativity just because they think they can and just because they haven’t found someone to love them yet. Yes, I want to help children, help control climate change, save tigers, stop antarctica from melting, remove poverty, destroy patriarchy. But, I want to change myself first so that I can tell people, “Look, I love myself, I love this planet and I love everyone on it. So quit hating. Loving isn’t as hard as rocket science, you know.”
And so, today, I promise to try. I promise to spread love and I promise to not procrastinate from doing so. Today, I begin the adventure of daring to believe that I can do something. Today, I start my honest perseverance towards my goal, my ambition and my ideal self.
Wish me luck?
I was nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by the amazing and awesomest Noopur a while ago. So, before I proceed with the tradition, I would like to shower Noopur with lots of thanks, hugs and kisses because this is a big deal, yes? Or even if it isn’t, don’t burst my bubble, please. I like it in here, thank you very much. :33
Now, the proceedings:
1. Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
2. Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
3. Share five random facts about yourself.
Five random facts about me (after a long while of 3am thinking):
- My favourite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand followed closely by a million others including Pride and Prejudice, Gone with the Wind, Harry Potter, Fangirl, Eleanor and Park and so so so many more.
- I’m very indecisive. I cannot differ from what is right and wrong. I cannot make a decision to save my life and what’s the worst part is that I want to become a surgeon. Every single time I imagine myself in the Operation Room, I laugh at myself.
- I’m not passionate but I am ambitious. That is a very deadly combination, I guess. It’s like, you don’t like a thing for a very long time but in that short period, while you like it, you need to get perfect at it. It’s a grueling feeling.
- I have a dog whose name is Leo. He’s an American spits and the cutest thing on Earth!
- My favourite music genres are indie pop and alternative rock.
The people I nominate for the Creative Blogger Award are:
Have fun guys! ^_^